Monday, June 14, 2010

FINALLY finished!

So my new thing is taking old furniture and making it current. This was a night stand that I found at the DI for $5.00. It was all the wood color and had a door that didn't lock. It was a work in progress. After priming, spray painting, sanding, staining, and applying a sealing coat, it is complete.



In his room (I need to put the knob I just bought)
I bought this really cool lamp at IKEA that is plastic and completely enclosed so Ryker can't take out the light bulb. 

HERE ARE PICTURES OF HIS ROOM

This is a magnet board that I finished. He loves to use his magnet letters & numbers. I added some hooks so that Ryker can get his coats & hats when we need to go somewhere. I love that he is big enough to get his coat and that he can put it away when we get home. 




I am really proud of this shelf. I saw one at a craft store for $60 and thought that looks easy. I convinced Dave to help me make this shelf with some wood and beadboard backing. I painted, sanded, and stained. It turned out just as I envisioned. I LOVE IT!!










 Having the window here was hard to take pictures of all our hard work. We added some boards to the one wall to make it look a little like beadboard. It looks so much better in person.

If anyone has License plates they want to donate, send them my way.

Ryker's little art center. It is a magnetic dry erase board. He loves it!


As you can see Ryker loves his new room. He is doing much better staying in his bed and sleeps through the night most of the time. I love how it turned out. I still have one project that I am working on but since the weather has been so nice I have not completed it and don't know when I will get o it. I will post a picture when I am done with it. I hope you all enjoyed seeing pictures of Ryker's new room.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know this blog existed! So cute Sharee! You are amazing! I love everything you did to Ryker's room. It is beuatiful and functional. It really got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His room really does look awesome!!! You have a great eye for decorating. I'm in love with that box/shelf thing!

    ReplyDelete